FIRE KILLS TWO-YEAR-OLD BOY, INJURES GIRL
It was learnt that a five-year-old girl also suffered burns but was rescued by emergency officials who put out the fire. The identities of the victims had yet to be identified.
Sunday PUNCH gathered that the fire started from a self-contained flat on the top floor of the building.
It was learnt that before she returned, the candle had burnt out and engulfed the room.
Our correspondent learnt that it took a combined team of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency and the state fire service to put out the fire.
LASEMA General Manager Dr Femi Oke-Osanyintolu, who confirmed the death of the boy, urged residents to avoid using candles and be safety conscious.
@ Punch Newspaper