A 23-year-old 100-Level student of Osun State University, Ikire campus, Juba Orisajafor has died after ingesting a poisonous substance.
He died on Tuesday a few hours after preaching against suicide on WhatsApp.
His post on WhatsApp read, “Often time I ask myself, Why do people commit suicide? Perhaps because they’ve got no one to encourage, motivate or guide them or because they felt there is no solution to whatever problem they are going through. Perhaps they forgot there’s more to enjoy when there’s life (hope) is not lost.”
A source told The Nation that a colleague saw him lying unconscious in front of his hostel around 6:30pm after taking a bottle of an insecticide.
Police spokesperson, Mrs Yemisi Opalola confirmed the incident.
“We visited the scene where the victim was lying unconscious and later confirmed dead by a doctor in Catholic Hospital Oluyoro Apomu. An empty bottle of the poison was recovered and the body of the deceased was deposited in a morgue for autopsy,” she said.
The university spokesperson, Adesoji Ademola said they were yet to ascertain the reason behind Orisajafor action.
@ The Nation