Home / News / ONDO: Fire razes Chemical factory, destroys N100m worth of products
Screenshot_20180922-155601

ONDO: Fire razes Chemical factory, destroys N100m worth of products

ONDO:

Fire razes Chemical factory, destroys N100m worth of products

OndoABOUT N100 million worth of products and other valuables were razed by an inferno on Friday night, in a chemical company, Megadot Nigeria Limited, in the premises of Ondo state Trade Fair complex, Akure, Ondo state capital.

The company which was said to house chemicals used for the production of paints, wood finishes, thinner lacquer and other chemical products when the fire started.
The fire incident which started around 10pm on Friday night, as a result of electric surge, razed all the chemicals and equipments in the company.
According to an eyewitness, Kolawole Bello, who explained that the high voltage supplied by the electricity company resulted in the inferno saying the timely response of fire service men saved the trade fair complex from burning

Bello who blamed the power surge for the late night inferno that gutted the chemical company, said the inferno started from the chemical company and it took the intervention of the fire service men to curtail the incident.

“The fire service men responded promptly but the fire had wrecked/some havoc,  the chemical are powerful and the company had gone up in flames  before they arrived at the scene.

“They managed to curtail the fire from spreading to other places but we thank God no casualty was recorded, but the odorous discharge that engulfed the atmosphere constrained breathing for people around this premises.

But he said ” the damage had been done but the fire service men were able to curtail the fire from spreading to other area. They came with two vans and had to reload again to put things under control.

Speaking with tears, he said the company just received a new order which worth was about N50m, blaming the incident on the power surge and appealed for government’s aid.

“We don’t want to send these men to unemployment market again. I am calling on the state governor, Mr. Rotimi Akeredolu, to help us financially.

“The state commissioner for works and the Chief of staff to the governor, Mr.  Gbenga Ale, had visited the scene of the incident and we hope they will help to table our plight before the governor”

The state Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Hon. Taofeek Abdulsaalam, who visited the scene of the incident said that preliminary investigation into the incident indicated that the fire outbreak was caused by power surge.

He said the fire started at about 10pm and lasted for about two hours, destroying property worth millions of naira before it was curtailed by the men of the state fire service.

 

 

@ Nigerian Tribune

About Dotun Olanibi

Check Also

Police-2

ABIA: 24-YR-OLD MAN ORGANISES KIDNAP OF GIRLFRIEND’S MOTHER

ABIA: 24-YR-OLD MAN ORGANISES KIDNAP OF GIRLFRIEND’S MOTHER     TWENTY-FOUR years old man, Chinindu …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *